Sunday, July 25, 2010

3 Movies you should watch!

I watched a few movies recently and I can't get them out of my head,
so I feel like I'll tell you all about them :)
I think everyone should check these out~

The Stoning of Soraya M
"Stranded in a remote Iranian village, Sahebjam is approached by Zahra,
a woman with a harrowing tale to tell about her niece,
Soraya, and the bloody circumstances of her death the day before.
Her story attempts to expose the inhumanity of Sharia Law.
Her last and only hope for justice lies in the hands of the journalist,
who must escape with the story - and his life - in order to
communicate the violence to the world." - wikipedia








I also saw a documentary which was interesting about
a tibetan monk whose teacher died and he must go to find
the child reincarnation.
Unmistaken Child




Mutluluk(Bliss)
"When 17-year-old Meryem is found disheveled and unconscious
by the side of a lake in the countryside, her family believes the worst --
that her chastity has been lost. They turn to the ancient principle of "tore,"
a strict moral code that condemns Meryem to death.
The duty of upholding the family's honor falls upon a distant cousin,
Cemal, who has just completed a brutal tour in the military.
Together they embark on a surprising journey across
traditional and modern-day Turkey."




1 comment:

Shahana Style said...

I'll have to hunt these down on Netflix (or are they in theatres?). I've a big fan of documentaries, indies and otherwise thought-provoking films... as well as zombie flicks and action-comedies lol

It never hurts to be well-rounded.